Nicholas Howard Hamblin
Nicholas works on all levels of crime, prosecution and defence including in particularly regulatory work including firearms, liquor licensing and animal welfare. Appointed Junior Counsel to the Attorney General’s Panel of Prosecuting Advocates. Ranked in legal editorials as a specialist in white-collar crime.
Freeman of the City of London. Liveryman of the Worshipful Company of Wax Chandlers. Pupil Supervisor.
UK Bar 2016
- “Experienced across the full spectrum of criminal cases, both in prosecution and in defence. He is particularly skilled at handling liquor licensing, firearms and animal welfare cases. “
- “has defended most types of fraud, including carousel and mortgage fraud – with considerable ingenuity’, ‘an ingenious advocate”’.
B.A. (Hons) Business Law
Suxssex Bar Mess
South Eastern Circuit
Criminal Bar Association
- R-v-Green – VAT Fraud.
- R-v-Genisten – Murder.
- R-v-Dubery (& others) – Mortgage fraud.
- R-v-McDonagh (& others) – Conspiracy to steal.
- R-v-Serifi (& others) – Instructed by Customs on multi handed heroin conspiracy.
- R-v-Munley – Murder (featured in The Real Cracker).
- R –v- Wells (& others) – 20 million carousel fraud.
- R-v-Pound – at the time, the longest running criminal trial in English history.