Barristers Privacy Notice
Sarah practices in family law and matrimonial law with an emphasis on and preference for Children Act work both public and private. She also appears in wardship and Inherent Jurisdiction cases and has recently begun to develop her practice in international abduction cases and in cases where FGM has occurred or is thought likely to occur and in honour based violence. Having practised initially at the criminal bar and with a deep expertise in mental health law, Sarah is comfortable with taking on family cases where issues overlap with other areas of law and procedure.
Sarah is happy to represent children, guardians, parents, grandparents and local authorities. She has experience in all levels of courts, including the Supreme Court and Court of Appeal but her approach is to aim for an outcome that does not always involve lengthy litigation or higher courts. She always aims to make the legal process as transparent and undaunting as possible for her client.
Sarah sits as a Deputy District Judge in the Family Court in London and the South East hearing children cases both public and private. Sarah is also qualified to take on work under the Direct Access Scheme.
Sarah is a volunteer legal advisor at Southall Black Sisters.
- Birmingham University LLB
- Inns Of Court School of Law
- Kings College London Diploma in Law and Medical Ethics
- Family Mediator (ADRg)
- Children Arbitrator (CIArb)
- Direct Access Scheme (Bar Council)
- Re MF (Contact on Adoption)  1 FLR 195
- Re PC (Brussels II: Scotland)  EWHC 236
- Re D (Nigeria Fertility Clinic)  2 FLR 1419
- Re S (C.O Starred Care Plan)  UKHL 10
- Re F (Use of Guardianship in mental health cases)  1 FLR 192 CA
- Re G (Freeing Order) 2 FLR 202 HLLondon Chambers