Barristers Privacy Notice
Sara's practice encompasses all areas of crime, particularly Animal Welfare – prosecution and defence.
March 2017, Criminal Law & Justice Review Article – Animal Welfare Act Prosecution Time Limits
- ‘Sara-Lise Howe has a national RSPCA defence practice’.
South Eastern Circuit
Sussex Bar Mess
Criminal Bar Association
- Royal Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (RSPCA) v McCormick & Ors  EWHC 928 (Admin) (29 April 2016) – ruling RSPCA were wrong to prosecute hunting as Animal Fights under S.8 of the animal Welfare Act.
- Lamont-Perkins v RSPCA  EWHC 1002 (Admin) (24 April 2012) ruling that the correct challenge to a section 31 Animal Welfare certificate is to challenge the jurisdiction of the Magistrates’ court.
- Royal Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals v King & Anor (Rev 1)  EWHC 637 (Admin) (02 March 2010) ruling that RSPCA prosecution was out of time because they had issued two differently dated section 31 certificates.
- RSPCA v Peel. September 2015 – Large scale horse seizure in which it was revealed during the trial that the RSPCA had shot many of the healthy horses shortly after seizing them. Mail on Sunday article
- RSPCA v Byrnes 2014, ( the “Claude the Cat” case). In which CPS took over prosecution. The case received wide national publicity, and resulted in a public apology for the Byrnes family. It also resulted in a second Wooler report which the RSPCA continue to refuse to make public. Times article.
- R v Nadian – RSPCA stopped from prosecuting cruelty test case. Times article.