Barristers Privacy Notice
Listed in the Legal 500 2016/17 guide as a Leading Junior: “Highly experienced in complex care cases”.
Listed in the Legal 500 2017/18 guide as a Leading Junior: “Very personable with clients”.
Regularly instructed at all stages of care proceedings, acting for parents and children. She has extensive experience of E.P.O and I.C.O hearings, contested final hearings and fact findings, in cases involving allegations of chronic neglect and abuse, including sexual abuse and non-accidental injury.
Jennifer has extensive experience in applications for non-molestation and occupation orders in cases involving domestic abuse and harassment.
A specialist in private Children Act proceedings, dealing in all aspects of applications for Child Arrangements Orders and applications for Special Guardianship and relocation.
Family Law Bar Association
- Lecturer at City Law school London University
- Member of Gray’s Inn
- Direct Access Barrister in Family Law
- Co-author of Family Law in Practice (12th edition)
- Represented a father in care proceedings. Successfully argued against removal of baby at birth from the parents, and exclusion of the father from the family home. Contested negative risk assessment of father. At conclusion of proceedings, child placed with both parents at home.
- Represented extremely vulnerable mother in a fact finding within private law family proceedings. Allegations of extreme threats and violence, including sexual violence, against the mother and children found proven.
- Represented a father in proceedings spanning over 2 years, and successfully re-established direct contact with his child that he had not seen for 5 years.
- Represented a vulnerable young mother in care proceedings. Children removed from her care into foster care on grounds of neglect. Children successfully returned to her care at the end of proceedings.
- Successfully represented father when children unlawfully removed from UK.