“An excellent legal voice for people of all walks of life. Quickly gains the trust of clients. Hard working and never fails to communicate with instructing solicitors.” Instructing Solicitor
Trina has a thriving criminal practice and has extensive experience in Inquest work representing various Interested Persons including the Police and individuals.
Current contested cases in the Crown Court include: Rape, Affray, sexual assault, fraud, robbery and s18 assault.
Trina is keen to support law students and regularly judges moots at the University of Law and at Sussex and Brighton University alongside giving talks about the profession to schools and universities.
Trina has led training for Sussex and Surrey Police on the implementation of Domestic Violence Protection Orders.
Prior to being called to the Bar, Trina was an actress on both stage and screen and for a number of years ran her own entertainment company.
- BA (Hons) Liverpool
- Graduate Diploma in Law – Awarded Lord Haldane Scholarship
- BVC (Very Competent) – Awarded Kennedy Scholarship
- South Eastern Circuit
- Sussex Bar Mess
- Criminal Bar Association
- R v S – Defending Lewes Crown Court – s20 assault acquitted, Cross examination of child witnesses and use of Intermediaries
- R v K – Defending Lewes Crown Court – s20 assault acquitted
- Inquest of AP – representing the Sussex Police in police contact case. Jury inquest. Including legal argument regarding whether Article 2 is invoked
- R v S – Defending Snaresbrook Crown Court £5million class A drug importation. 5 week trial.
- R v Y – Defending Guildford Crown Court 3 week trial with multiple counts of rape of a 10 year old by a 17 year old defendant. Unanimous Not Guilty on all counts
- R v D – Defending Isleworth Crown Court. Multiple counts of theft from employee – allegedly stealing items from aeroplanes – Unanimous Not Guilty on all counts
- Inquest – representing Interested Person who caused the accident leading to the death. Complex issues involving medical evidence and crash investigation experts
- R v J – Defending Lewes Crown Court – Acquitted of sexual assault. Involving cross-examination of multiple child witnesses.
- R v Murphy Defending  EWCA Crim 469 – This case involved complex legal argument on a technical point of legal procedure. Appeal allowed.
- R v G Defending Chichester Crown Court Attempted s18 on a pregnant woman. Complex legal argument leading to the Crown offering of no evidence to that charge on day of trial following extensive legal argument.
- R v B – Defending – Lewes Crown Court – successful half time submission on all 9 counts of different dwelling burglaries.
- R v H – Defending Hastings Youth Court Sexual assault (Certificate for Counsel case) persuaded Crown on day of trial to offer no evidence on all counts.
- R v S – Defending Chichester Crown Court – successfully acquitted of dwelling burglary where defendants forensics are found inside the property
- R v R Defending Lewes Crown Court – 3 co-defendants charged with large scale PWITS. Following submissions, Crown discontinued case against client.
- R v W – Defending – made extensive and eventually successful representations to the DWP to withdraw proceedings. Defence costs order applied for and granted.