Barristers Privacy Notice
Richard defends and prosecutes criminal work, including related regulatory and linked civil matters. The CPS class him as a top-grade prosecutor, and he often works in London, the South East and Wessex, where he is instructed by their Complex Crime Units and Organised Crime Division. His defence practice covers the same high-end areas of work. He is regularly briefed as the lead advocate in homicides, serious sex offences, frauds, and the most complex and high-profile criminal cases. Richard has particular experience in defending and prosecuting motor death cases.
UK Bar 2016
- “Receives instructions in a wide range of criminal and regulatory matters, from murders and attempted murders through to death by dangerous driving cases. He is praised for both his advocacy skills and the quality of his advice.”
- “A very skilful advocate who exudes charm and confidence”
Grade 4 Prosecutor London and South East and Wessex. Rape approved.
- Kennet Comprehensive School
- St Peter’s College, Oxford, B.A. (Oxon.) 1st Class Honours, B.C.L.
- Called to the Bar 1990, Lincoln’s Inn, Hardwicke and Denning Scholarships, ICSL Studentship
- Lecturer in Law, The Queen’s College, Oxford 1989-99
- Junior Counsel to the Crown – Civil (Provincial) List 2000-2007
- South Eastern Circuit
- Criminal Bar Association
- Sussex Bar Mess